Of course, during the Coronavirus pandemic everyone may feel they are more sensitive than usual and on edge. But, if you take a look at yourself in ordinary times, what do you notice about yourself?
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you cry when watching a commercial or movie on tv, listening to a song on the radio, hearing a person tell a personal story?
2. Do you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders most of the time and feel you have to do something about it?
3. Can you walk into a room and know exactly what just happened whether it be an argument, a joke, a serious conversation?
4. Do you need time alone to recharge?
5. Do you feel your life purpose is to do something creative, innovative, make the world a better place?
6. Are you sensitive to light, smells, noises, touch and/or tastes?
7. Are you sensitive to other people’s feelings?
8. Are you sensitive to people looking or thinking about you?
9. Are you sensitive to others being disrespected or disrespectful toward you?
10. Do you feel you have to hide your sensitivities from others?
What Is a Highly Sensitive Person?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then most likely you are highly sensitive. These are only a few highlighted traits, and there are many, many more attributes that define an HSP.