25 Items That Inspire Calm, Relaxation, and Ease
With the effects of coronavirus directly or indirectly impacting our lives, it appears that many of us will be spending more time at home and indoors. As this may be welcoming for some and unenjoyable for others, it can be an opportunity to develop a routine of self care for yourself. One way to get inspired to start a self-care routine is to create a Wellness Room or Space for your home/apartment/studio/room, wherever it is, you call home!
A Wellness Room or Space is a place when at first glance, feels like a place to relax, unwind, puts a smile on your face, a sigh of relief or an exhale of breath. It’s a place where you can feel pleasant, neutral, resilient, at ease, comfortable, inspired, creative, peaceful, tranquil, calm, happy, and joyful.
There is no need to buy anything. See what you already have in your home. Gather the items and feel what happens inside you as these items are placed in the same area. Notice the sensation in your body that you are experiencing.
What to place in your Wellness Room or Space? The answer is really up to you. There is no right or wrong answer. Here are some ideas:
1. A scented or unscented candle
2. Essential oils (Dab some on a cotton ball or use a diffuser.)
3. A favorite blanket that is pleasant to touch and curl up in.
4. A chair, couch, bean bag, a sheepskin rug.
5. A weighted blanket.
6. Pillows to sit on to meditate, to rest your head and/or body
7. Fidget toys
8. Journal and pen
9. Inspirational books/poems
10. Twinkle lights to set the perfect mood
12. Water fountain
14. Stones to build a cairn
15. Objects that represent your personal beliefs and/or favorite places you have visited.
16. Keepsakes and momentos
17. Items from outdoors like pinecones, rocks, acorns, leaves from your favorite tree, flower petals, feather.
18. Photos, posters, paintings to put on the walls.
19. An eye pillow
20. Face and/or hair mask
21. Hot or cold packs to place on your body for comfort.
22. Hot tea, preferably caffeine free
24. Knitting, crocheting
25. What item would you like to add to this list?
Try to spend at least 5 to 20 minutes a day in your Wellness Room/Space that you created for yourself. Your body and mind will create a felt sense memory of the pleasant experience it has in this space. This will generate new neural pathways in the brain and expand your resiliency zone! Wow, how powerful and wonderful is that! Your body and mind will thank you for it!
instagram kalıcı takipçi satın al
Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post. Many thanks for providing these details.