How do you know if you are a highly sensitive person (HSP)?
Most people are feeling more sensitive than usual these days, during the coronavirus pandemic. As you learn more about Highly Sensitive People (HSP), ask yourself how you typically experience the world. What have you noticed about yourself when it comes to your sensitivities?
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you cry when watching a commercial or movie on tv, listening to a song on the radio, hearing a person tell a personal story?
2. Do you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders most of the time and feel you have to do something about it?
3. Can you walk into a room and know exactly what just happened whether it be an argument, a joke, a serious conversation?
4. Do you need time alone to recharge?
5. Do you feel your life purpose is to do something creative, innovative, make the world a better place?
6. Are you sensitive to light, smells, noises, touch and/or tastes?
7. Are you sensitive to other people’s feelings?
8. Are you sensitive to people looking or thinking about you?
9. Are you sensitive to others being disrespected or disrespectful toward you?
10. Do you feel you have to hide your sensitivities from others?
Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) Traits
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then most likely you are a highly sensitive person. There are many, many more attributes that define a highly sensitive person. These are only a few highlighted traits.
My speciality is working with people of all ages that are highly sensitive, empaths, and intuitive. They usually know who they are, but keep it quiet in order not to stand out, but to fit in with social situations. Highly sensitive people are like sponges. They absorb other people’s energies and are not sure what to do with it. They may have a sixth sense that has been undervalued or they don’t know how to use it both in their professional and personal lives. What they do know is how it has been effecting their life and how tiring it is.
I’ve worked with a lot of people who feel highly sensitive and I can help. I integrate energy work with psychotherapy by using a body mind approach and technique that usually works more quickly and effectively than traditional psychotherapy. I teach my clients skills and help them understand themselves so they can live the life they want to live.
My clients have found that seeing me made the difference they needed in their lives to feel connected to themselves and to others. I have extensive experience, training and education that enables me to help you in the ways you need.
Come in for a session and see if it is a good fit. If not, move on and I’ll give you a couple of referrals.